Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Facebook & Marketing

So I think everyone knows about Facebook and if you don’t have it you need to get out from under that rock you have been living under. All ages recognize the name even if the do not know what it is. I can not explain how awesome Facebook is for Marketing your business. I started a fan page for Picture Perfect because so many of my clients wanted to be able to show off their photos on their Facebook pages, so why not have a page and tag everyone right? Well it was the best thing I could have done for my business. I the photography profession my career is strictly visual! This morning I went into the Hospital to check in on Picture Perfect Babies and stopped by the Marketing office to talk with them. We got on the convo about Facebook how awesome it is and that I have noticed every time I post and tag new photos on Facebook my stats on my website skyrocket. Following my convo with the Margo in the marketing department I headed off to the post office to send out an order. My address labels have my logo printed on them, the postmaster looks at it and looks at me and asks “Are you the owner” I reply yes. She goes on to say I saw the photos you posted on FACEBOOK yesterday of a friends child, she goes on to say how much she liked them and how she immediately went to my website to check out my work. Now with out Facebook me and Ann would have never met besides our casual Hello, How are you? At the post office. If I wouldn’t have had my logo printed on my address labels and for Facebook she would have never made a connection! How Cool!
Facebook is here to stay I can not wait to see what else it will do for the marketing of the business world.


(B)